Saturday, January 7, 2012

Whole 30- Week 1 in review

The first week is almost over and wow, has it been eye opening!

I feel amazing. I have great energy. My sleep has been great. My workouts have been strong.

I never thought changing my diet could have such immediate effects. I feel thinner, more alert, clearer headed. It is crazy.

I never thought I was a sweet tooth, but this has proven to me that I have way too much sugar in my diet and that is extremely unhealthy. The withdrawals I went through, and may be still experiencing, were terrible. The most raging headaches! I still have a lingering dull headache, but the worst seems to be over.

I also never thought I enjoyed black coffee. That is a major change. I now prefer it. It becomes a bit more difficult to drink the terrible SWO coffee that is basically Folger's sludge, but the stuff I grind myself and brew in my shiny new French press is pretty darn tasty.

I have made the decision to not end this at day 30. Right now I am considering a Whole 90, maybe a Whole 365. Who knows. The things I have removed from my diet clearly had no place in it to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment