Saturday, January 7, 2012

A perfect Whole 30 Saturday

I guess it would be 100% perfect if I had gone to Crossfit this morning, but my legs are pretty fried from the gobs of squats we did last night, so I gave my thighs the day off.

Instead I went to the winter farmer's market. Last week we learned that you have to get there early, or all the good stuff is gone. I got there right when it opened and it was already packed. I dropped some serious cash (because that is all they take...) at the local, grass-fed beef table. I snagged some hamburger patties, ground beef, a roast, and some short ribs.  I also grabbed a pound of bacon and some yummy locally roasted coffee beans. Pretty good haul in about 10 minutes.

I bought myself a gift at the Exchange yesterday that seems to pop up on all of the Paleo cooking blogs: a pressure cooker. I have never really considered cooking with one, it just seems old fashioned. But, considering how much I have been cooking and the amount of meat that I have made, these meals are time consuming! The idea of busting out a roast or pot of chili in an hour is pretty appealing.

So, my first experiment is on the stove right now. I threw some stew meat, parsnips, carrots, onion, tomatoes, garlic, beef stock, thyme and sherry into the pot and let it do its thing. Hope it is edible.

No comments:

Post a Comment