Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 1 and 2

I kicked off my Whole30 yesterday and, so far, so good. Unless you consider the vivid dream I had last night. I dreamed I was eating all of the pretzels out of a Chex Mix bag. I was so mad at myself! And then I woke up and was so relieved. I guess I have had food way too much on my brain lately.

The dream did not come true and I was able to safely navigate the day with no issues, but that was from the safety of my own home. We ate a lot of leftovers, which made it super easy.

This morning we actually went out for breakfast and were able to deconstruct their menu offerings into acceptable meals. They were very happy to accommodate our list of requests.

This afternoon I put the delicious chuck roast I got from the winter market on Saturday into the trusty crock pot (the one month anniversary gift from my husband after we started dating, weird, right?). I found a great rub, can't wait to see how it turns out.

The hard part starts tomorrow when I go back to work. I have a ton of leftovers stored away in my cleaned out fridge. I went on a total cleaning spree this afternoon. Not sure if it was a result of a change in my energy level, or what, but I was a cleaning machine. I dumped all sorts of dairy and snacks and made room for my tupperware.

I fear that Day 3 may be my hardest so far, but I think I will make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment