Thursday, December 29, 2011

A few days left

The start of my first Whole 30 is quickly approaching and I am using my time off of work to prepare, kind of.

I am slowly finishing off the Christmas leftovers that are not Whole 30 approved, although they were not bad. Just a little dairy and, of course, the puff pastry on the glorious Beef Wellington. I figure, if you are going to eat flour, you might as well eat it wrapped around beed tenderloin. Man, it was good.


 And a nice side of parsnip and carrot puree and a casserole of leeks, butternut squash, goat cheese and hazelnuts. Not paleo, but quality ingredients and very delicious.



Now, I am thinking Whole 30. I have a pot of Citrus Carnitas from Well Fed (pg. 95) on the stove and I turned some old steak that was wasting away in the freezer into a variation of Chocolate Chili (pg. 73) that Paddy can take to work for lunch.

I also did some research and found a winter farmers market nearby that I am going to raid on Saturday. Depending on what I find there, I will plan my first week out. I know I need a lot of very easy to eat food so I am not tempted to cheat, although I do not think it will be hard. The foods I have made so far have been better than anything out of a box or bag. I just need to keep nibbley things out of my eye sight. I think I just made up a word, nibbely. But you know exactly what I mean.

Paddy has stopped eating sandwiches everyday for lunch and has been bringing leftovers and he can already feel a difference. Pretty sure he has lost 3 pounds, without really trying. Punk. His challenge will be no cream and sugar in his coffee. I do not think I will get him to buy off on coconut milk as an alternative. We will see how that all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment