Wednesday, January 4, 2012

SWOnuts

I have changed the name of my blog after having a revelation today. I am on Day 4 of my Whole 30 day experience and I had to venture into a Dunkin Donuts. Bad idea, right?

Here is why I had to go in...I am in the Navy and am currently attending a school for Surface Warfare Officers. We have a rule in our class that the person who gets the highest grade on a test has to bring in coffee and doughnuts the next day. Well, lucky me, I got the highest grade on the last test. Unlucky class, there was no way I was bringing in doughnuts.

There is a culture in my community of saying we want fit and healthy people and then serving doughnuts every morning for breakfast. They have often been referred to as SWOnuts, because we are SWOs. How does that make any sense?

I don't want to eat any SWOnuts. I walked into the Dunkin Donuts expecting to be tempted. I was not. They looked gross. I bought my big Box of Joe and left, not SWOnuts in my bag. The class was happy when I arrived with the Joe, but some did not appreciate the Paleo breakfast casserole I brought in the doughnuts stead. End of the day, though, the casserole was gone and I saved everyone a few bites of grossness.

That is when I decided to change the blog's theme. It isn't just about 30 days on a whole food kick, it is about living and eating well in the SWO community.

No comments:

Post a Comment